Posting music mostly from the 70's and the 80's, but not limiting myself to any chronology.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Reminiscing

I think it was on Solid Gold, of all places, where I heard this song for the first time (I could be wrong about this). I was, of course, very young at the time, but I remember having an affinity for the melody and voice arrangement of this number. For some reason, and I know this is going to sound extremely weird or silly, I associate certain songs from the 70's (sometimes 80's) as "summer songs." They evoke - at least in me - images of bell bottoms, t-shirts, shaggy hair, old Pontiacs and a sense of simplicity that can only be found in yesteryear.

To this day, Reminiscing is the biggest hit the Little River Band has had in the U.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment